Easy to Read, Easy to Print, Easy to Distribute
Bastard Nation policy statements for activists, legislators, and the press.
Table of Contents
- OPEN RECORDS: WHY IT’S AN ISSUE
- WHOSE RIGHT TO PRIVACY?
- BIRTH PARENT CONFIDENTIALITY
- THE MYTHOLOGY OF THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY AS A JUSTIFICATION FOR BIRTH PARENT ANONYMITY IN ADOPTIONS
- CONSTITUTIONAL ISSUES AND OPEN RECORDS
- CONDITIONAL ACCESS LEGISLATION
- OPEN RECORDS ARE GOOD FOR ADOPTIVE FAMILIES
- IDENTITY INFORMATION: A CIVIL RIGHT FOR ADULT ADOPTEES
- IDENTITY INFORMATION: A MORAL RIGHT FOR ADULT ADOPTEES
- ABORTION, ADOPTION, AND OPEN RECORDS
- A PRO-LIFE CONSERVATIVE ENDORSES OPEN RECORDS
- THE HISTORY OF SEALED ADOPTION RECORDS IN THE UNITED STATES
- THE HISTORY OF SEALED ADOPTION RECORDS IN CANADA
- THE OPPOSITION
- LEGALIZED BABY ABANDONMENT/SAFE HAVEN LAWS
- MEASURE 58: OREGON’S HISTORIC BALLOT INITIATIVE
- WHY BASTARD NATION DOES NOT USE MEDICAL HISTORY AS AN ARGUMENT FOR ACCESS TO ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATES
- THE PSYCHOLOGY OF SELF-DEFEATISM IN ADOPTION REFORM - Damsel Plum
- THE TRIAD IS A FIVE-LEGGED STOOL – Ron Morgan
- WHAT AMERICA GETS FOR $500 MILLION A YEAR IN ADOPTION TAX CREDITS – James Hamilton, Esq.
NOT BASTARD NATIONALS BUT PEOPLE WE LIKE
- Carp, E Wayne.2007 Does Opening Adoption Records Have an Adverse Social Impact? Some Lessons from the US, Great Britian, and Austrialia, 1953-2007 Adoption Quarterly vol. 10(3–4), 2007
- Portrait of an Adoption: Call me Anti-Adoption if You Must - Claudia D’Arcy,Chicago NoEw, November 14, 2013-
- Samuels, Elizabeth J. The Idea of Adoption An Inquiry into the History of Adult Adoptee Access to Birth Records. Rutgers Law Review (53) 2001
- Samuels,Elizabeth J. Surender and Subordination: Birth Mothers and Adoption Law Reform. Michigan Journal of Gender and Law, 33 (2013)
- Sanger, Carol. Infant Safe Haven Laws: Legislating in the Culture of Life. Columbia Law Review, May 2006
- Smith, Erik L. The Myth of the Right to Privacy as Justifying Anonymity in Safe Haven Laws. eriksmith.org
- Smolin, David, Directory of David Smolin’s legal and scholarly papers on unethical and , illegal adoption and child trafficking for adoption.
- 30 Questions for Thirty Days – Daniel ibn Zayd
- Lammerant, Isabelle and Marlene Hofstetter. Adoption at What Cost? For an Ethical Responsibility of Receiving Countries in International Adoption, Terres des Hommes International Federation,2007
- Schuster Institute for Investigative Journalism, Brandeis University. Fraud and Corruption in International Adoption (ongoing
- Ohio Right to Life Drops Opposition; Testifies in Support of OBC Access - Testimony
- Ohio Catholic Conference Drops Opposition; Testifies in Support of OBC Access - TestimonyY
More detailed discussions of these same subjects appear elsewhere on our website and at other sites on the Internet.
All information contained on this website may be copied intact, downloaded, printed, and disseminated. Fact Sheets may NOT be altered. All copies must include Bastard Nation attribution.
Co-Editors: Cynthia Bertrand Holub and Marley Greiner
Contributors: David Ansardi, The Reverend Jeff Gilbreath, Nina Greeley,
Natalie Proctor Servant, Erik L. Smith, Mari Steed, Fr. Jack Sweeley
BN Logo by Gavriela Person
Much of the material from this section is based on Bastard Nation position papers or on sections of The Basic Bastard, edited by Cynthia Bertrand Holub, with contributions by Janine Baer, Julie Dennis, Marley Greiner, Shea Grimm, Mary Hunt Peret, Kevin McCarty, Ron Morgan, Damsel Plum, and Al Wei.